· The MicroElectronics Cloud Alliance (MECA) project is aimed at improving the European higher education curriculum in microelectronics and nanotechnology. ICloud infrastructure for sharing teaching materials, remote access to equipment and facilities, and virtual students mobility, will be built in the project.
· Duration: 2015-2018
· Contact at AMG Technology Ltd. : Vladimir Stavrov
The MECA project will develop of a cloud-based European infrastructure and organisation for education in micro- and nanoelectronics providing open educational resources, remote access and sharing of educational and professional software, remote and practice-based learning facilities (mClouds). Project's objectives are:
1. Analysis of institutional, teachers' and students' needs for shared IT infrastructure, teaching materials and learning resources, meeting the requirement of the enterprises in micro- nanoelectronics and the translation of these needs into functional specifications of the mClouds.
2. Networking of project partners from Higher Education (HE) institutions and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), to share ideas, methodologies and experiences in order to improve the HE programmes to face the rapid technological change in the sector and joint development of job-specific training modules.
3. Development of the mClouds system and infrastructure for facilitating the access and exchange of shared e-learning resources and the remote access to the CAD tools.
4. Evaluation of the the mClouds and e-learning materials
5. Training teachers and technical staff in the use of mClouds
6. Implementation of jointly developed cloud-based open educational resources in micro- nanoelectronics in the partners' educational contexts.
7. Dissemination and exploitation of project activities.
Coordinating partner: Technical University of Sofia (TUS), Bulgaria
· Open University of the Netherlands (OUNL) ● Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Toulouse (INSA), France
· Politecnico di Torino (POLITO), Italy ● Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED), Spain
· Ss. Cyril and Methodius University (UKIM), FYR Macedonia ● AMG Technology (AMG), Bulgaria
· Institut National de l'Énergie Solaire (INES ), France ● University Polytechnics Bucharest (UPB-CETTI), Romania
· Giga Electronic International (GEI), Romania ● eWorks GmbH (eWorks), Germany
· Budapest University of Technology&Economics (BME), Hungary ● Technical University of Berlin (TUB), Germany
· IGFOTON, Spain ● Lightware Visual Engineering, Hungary
· ATRONICA, FYR of Macedonia ● Astel, Italy
· Masho Ltd, Sofia, Bulgaria